Not the time to be idle — Taking action in today’s credit markets
Episode five: Not all cash is created equal
November 15, 2023
As investors are pouring record sums of money into cash-related investments, John Donohue discusses the liquidity market in the current environment.
- Investment options for cash have expanded beyond plain vanilla.
- Perfectly timing the market isn’t possible. It’s best to define a process and have discipline.
- Develop an Investment Policy Statement that is a living document.
- There are interesting opportunities to maximize return, while preserving capital in a risk averse way, including: treasuries, agencies, corporate bonds, commercial paper, and asset backed securities.
- Our overwhelming view is that rates are going to be higher for longer.
Notes from the desk of Polina Kurdyavko
India - the elephant in the room
Polina Kurdyavko hits the road, reflecting on her observations from around the world while tying in fresh investment perspectives related to emerging markets.
- India has been a major contributor to global GDP growth.
- Factors contributing to this success include: demographics, geographic location, China's decline, focus on infrastructure, progress developing renewable energy and a focus on improving financial markets.
- We view India’s fixed income market is fairly valued, but view any dislocations as an opportunity to add risk, given the constructive fundamental backdrop.
We are pleased to offer additional vehicles for investment in our emerging markets and international equity strategies listed below.
RBC Global Asset Management has expanded its investment capabilities by bringing on talent based around the world, allowing us to build truly global portfolios. Our investment teams are committed to the pursuit of deep fundamental knowledge, collaboration, integrating advanced investment and risk management tools, and embracing innovation.
Source: RBC Global Asset Management Inc.
RBC Global Asset Management brings a breadth of investment capabilities that allow us to create customized client solutions through RBC GAM's specialized investment teams supported by global resources.
RBC GAM nominated for best places to work
RBC Global Asset Management (U.S.) was recognized amongst the best places to work in money management in 2023 by Pensions & Investments.